DFPS Referrals


The LIFE Project is available for young adults in Child Protective Services (CPS) across the state of Texas.

Young adults in Region 3b (Erath, Hood, Johnson, Palo Pinto, Parker, Somervell and Tarrant counties) must submit an application (CPS Form 2605) via Our Community, Our Kids (OC-OK).

Young adults in counties other than region 3b will complete an application (CPS Form 2605) and the CPS caseworker or Preparation for Adult Living (PAL) staff will review the application. Next, the submitted application is reviewed by the State Office Supervised Independent Living (SIL) Coordinator for approval.

ACH cannot accept applications that come directly from young adults. All applications must be approved via an OC-OK care coordinator or through the State Office SIL Coordinator before being submitted by CPS/PAL staff.

Learn more and apply